If you’ve slept on one Tempur-Pedic you’ve slept on them all, right? Wrong! Tempur-Pedic continuously develops new mattresses and models, and they're all very different. A few months ago, I tested the LUXEAdapt Soft mattress and loved it. Then I heard the brand was working on a new bed that would solve one of the biggest issues people have when trying to get a great night's sleep: overheating. So, I decided to take one for the team and find out what makes the new LUXEbreeze mattress different and special. Here's everything you need to know before you decide whether it's worth buying for yourself.
The LUXEbreeze is Tempur-Pedic's latest model. Besides offering the support and comfort that Tempur-Pedic is known for, the Breeze line is specifically designed for hot sleepers. Thanks to six layers of foam and a cool-to-the-touch cover, this mattress will be cool when you get into bed, stay cool as you fall asleep, and help regulate your body temperature throughout the entire night. To get even more specific, the LUXEbreeze will keep you eight degrees cooler than any other Tempur-Pedic mattress. Long story short: If your biggest pain point each night is being too hot, you need to check out this mattress.
How much does it cost?
The LUXEbreeze mattress comes in seven sizes (Twin Long, Double, Queen, King, Split King, CA King, and Split CA King) and starts as $3,999. The Queen, the size I tested, is $4,499.
What was the delivery process like?
Delivery was, for lack of a better word, a breeze. I was ed by the delivery company, and we worked together to pick a delivery date and time window. The only snag was that the delivery was two hours late, but when it did arrive, everything went smoothly. The team of two delivery men carried everything up three flights of stairs, took apart my old bed frame, and built my new one. They set up the foundation and new mattress as well. They were in and out in about a half an hour.
Note: If you're having a mattress delivered, give yourself a couple hours before and after the delivery window as a buffer. It might be a good day to take off, or work from home, if you can.
What does it feel like?
The first thing I noticed when I got into the LUXEbreeze for the night was how cool the cover was. I hadn't put sheets on the bed yet, so I got the full experience of the SmartClimate dual cover material, which is cool to the touch. In the 10-15 minutes it took for me to fall asleep, the bed remained cool. By the time I woke up in the morning, the cover had warmed up and lost its cooling sensation, but I also noticed that I didn't wake up feeling overheated or sweaty.
The second thing I noticed after sleeping a full night in the mattress is that the LUXEbreeze is very firm. It comes in two models, Soft and Firm, and I tested the Soft version. I recently tested the Tempur-Pedic LUXEAdapt Soft mattress and was expecting the breeze to feel fairly similar, but it was surprisingly different. Unlike the LUXEAdapt, which allows your body to really sink in, the LUXEbreeze has a firm top layer that doesn't have much give. That said, the bed is extremely supportive. I've slept flat on my back more on this mattress than I ever have in my life (side note: This is a huge for my skin, since it's not touching the pillowcase as much.) If I had to put it into words, I'd say sleeping on the LUXEbreeze feels like sleeping on a cozy, soft trampoline, just with a little less bounce.
Pros vs. Cons
- It's super cool. If you're a hot sleeper, this mattress is a dream come true. As previously mentioned, the LUXEbreeze promises to keep you eight degrees cooler throughout the night than all other Tempur-Pedic Adapt collection beds. Basically, you'll go to sleep feeling chill, and wake up comfortable, rather than a hot, sweaty mess.
- Delivery is free. After reviewing several different mattresses across the market, I can't stress enough how valuable the free, white-glove delivery service is. Plus, Tempur-Pedic offers a 90-night trial with this mattress, so you can test it, and if it's not the right fit, you can send it back.
- You won't wake your partner. This is super important for most couples. Getting a good night's sleep is hard enough as it is—you definitely don't need your partner's movements to disturb your rest. Because of the advanced memory foam technology, you won't feel anything if someone on the other side of the bed tosses, turns, or gets up in the middle of the night.
- It's super cool. I'm mentioning this here too because anyone who isn't a hot sleeper might not like the feeling of the cool-to-the-touch cover. If you are typically chilly at night and like to fall asleep in a warmer bed, you might want to try the Tempur-Pedic LUXEAdapt mattress instead.
- It's tall. I actually love how high this mattress is, but I think it's something to keep in mind when shopping. The LUXEbreeze is about 13" tall, and that's not counting the foundation or frame. If you have kids or pets, they might have trouble getting up into this bed, especially if you have one of the taller foundations.
Is it worth it?
I'll admit this bed is on the pricier side. However, you're getting so much more than just a supportive mattress. With the LUXEbreeze, you're paying for a better sleeping experience overall. You'll have an easier time falling asleep and staying cool throughout the night thanks to the SmartClimate dual cover and PureCool Phase Change material. So if you're looking for relief from hot, restless nights, then yes, this mattress is definitely worth it.
Plus, like other Tempur-Pedic mattresses, this one comes with a 10 year warranty that guarantees a free replacement or repair if something goes wrong with your mattress.
Where can I buy it?
You can order your own LUXEbreeze mattress online through Tempur-Pedic, or in select stores across the country. You can find the nearest retailer here.
Follow Natipernavigare on Instagram.