Remember when we told you to reconsider tossing your old trampolines and globes? Well, before you go ahead and throw away those old tires you found while spring cleaning your garage, consider making it your next DIY project.
I mean it! Upcycling them into something new—and, surprise, actually good looking— is this season's hottest trend. Sure, you might be thinking "Well what could I possibly turn a rubber tire into?" And my answer for you is: an adorable rope ottoman to spice up your outdoor space for the warm months ahead. Here's how to do it:
How to Make an Easy DIY Tire Ottoman
- Cut two pieces of plywood to match the size and shape of the tire.
- Screw one piece of the now circular plywood to the top, then repeat on the bottom.
- Attach legs to the bottom piece of plywood using screws (this step is optional.)
- Wind the rope in a circle, beginning in the top, middle portion of the plywood. Glue each piece down as you go (Diva of DIY suggests using Liquid Nail) and continue until you've reached the bottom of the tire.
- Use a clear sealer to fill the seal the cracks in the ottoman.
- Repeat step 5 again once dry.
If you still have doubts, watch this Diva of DIY video tutorial, where DIY guru Leanne takes you step by step through the process:
Or, if you're feeling like taking your tire DIY game a step further, turn it into a planter!
Follow Natipernavigare on Instagram.