1. lamp finials are one of the easiest (and most glamorous) makeovers you can give a lamp.
2. "Hot Wishes for 2015" from in Los Angeles.
3. , a hand-printed linen from John Robshaw Textiles.
4. Robert E. Lee portrait by Theodore Pine as a refrigerator magnet. Picked up at the Lee Chapel and Museum in Lexington, Virginia, where my nephew is attending school at Washington and Lee University. Lee was also the spiritual founder of my college fraternity, Kappa Alpha Order.
5. , a digitally printed damask velvet from Designers Guild.
6. in New York City's Central Park has undergone a dramatic makeover that brought the building closer to the way it looked originally, when a family of shepherds actually tended sheep in the park. Now the kitchen is under the hand of legendary chef Jeremiah Tower, who is revered as one of the originators of California cuisine. He's brought to Tavern on the Green his belief in fresh, seasonal products…and it's one of my new favorite restaurants. This summer, the patio opens for outdoor dining. And don't miss the terrific little gift shop just inside the entrance.
7. My friend Elizabeth Pyne gave me a copy of , by Michelle Bernhardt (Quirk). Surprise…I'd unknowingly painted my bedroom my birthday color, Silt Green or Pantone #14-5706!
8. The prize from a king cake that showed up in our office this past Mardi Gras. Don't miss the 2015 Natipernavigare Kitchen of the Year, which will be a part of the upcoming (May 2, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.). It will also be featured later this year in our October issue.
9. : Simply pencil/ink-wash drawings.